A maximum of 30 units may be granted in total from one or more of the following: CLEP, military training, AP, IB, or Credit for Extra Institutional Learning, which may include student-created portfolios, industry credentials and experience, to be determined by faculty in the district-wide discipline.

In order to receive an A.A./A.S. degree, a student must complete 12 units in residence at one of the colleges within the Riverside Community College District.

50% of the coursework for any certificate pattern must be completed at any of the colleges within Riverside Community College District, with 1 course completed from the college awarding the certificate. A grade of "C" or better is required for each course.