Basic Graphic Communication (R)
This certificate may lead to employment competency but does not lead to an Associate degree.
This program prepares students for basic careers in Graphic Communication. This includes instruction in all phases of project creation and production, using the latest equipment and software available. Classes are structured to give strong academic and hands-on experience into print design, production, and finishing.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Create and print a project suitable for a portfolio that demonstrates effective design and proper production technique.
- Create a graphics project from concept to prepared artwork considering color model, resolution, and target market.
- Complete a preflight and prepress checklist and prepare a project for print.
- Demonstrate proper set-up, safe operation, and clean-up of printing press equipment.
- Demonstrate an ability to meet deadlines.
|Required Courses (20 units)||Units|
|ADM-1||Introduction to Applied Digital Media||3|
|ADM-2B||Prepress and Printing Substrates||2|
|ADM-63A||Design for Print Publication||3|
|ADM-71A||Adobe Photoshop for Image Manipulation||3|
|ADM-77A||Adobe Illustrator for Graphic Art||3|
|Electives||Choose from list below||3|
|Electives (3 units)||Units|
|ADM-84B||Screen Printing, Advanced||3|
|ADM-85B||Commercial Printing, Advanced||3|