University of California (UC)
UC Minimum Admission Requirements
Upper Division Transfer students will be eligible for admission if they meet the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 60 UC-transferable semester units or 90 transferable quarter units.
- Obtain a minimum 2.4 GPA (2.8 for California non- residents). At many UC campuses, admission is competitive and the required GPA can be significantly higher.
- Complete the following course pattern with a grade of “C” or better in each course:
- Complete two transferable college courses in English Composition (three semester units or four to five quarter units each).
- Complete one transferable course in mathematical concepts and quantitative reasoning (three semester units or four to five quarter units each).
- Complete four transferable college courses (three semester units or four to five quarter units each) from at least two of the following subject areas: arts and humanities, social and behavioral sciences, physical and biological sciences.
The majority of UC campuses give high priority to students who have completed major preparation courses. Students who complete the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) pattern prior to transfer to the UC system will satisfy the transfer eligibility coursework listed in item #3 above.