Riverside City College provides assistance to Veterans for the following benefit programs:

  • Chapter 30 - Active Duty Educational Assistance Program - Montgomery GI Bill® – Chapter 30
  • Chapter 33 - Post-9/11 GI Bill® - Chapter 33, refer to www.gibill.va.gov for updated information
  • Chapter 1606 - Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program
  • Chapter 1607 - Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) - Chapter 31
  • Chapter 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation
  • Chapter 35 - Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program

Veterans may be eligible for priority registration for 15 years following the discharge from active duty. In order to be eligible, Veterans must take a copy of their DD214 discharge papers to RCC Veterans’ Services or Admissions office. Active duty military need to show proof of their military ID and orders. Staff there will tell eligible veterans/active duty their priority registration dates.

Veterans seeking to use VA Educational Benefits apply online to the VA at www.gibill.va.gov for their Certificate of Eligibility. One copy must be given to the Veterans’ Services office at Riverside City College (RCC).

For questions regarding pay, Certificate of Eligibility or benefits call 1-888-GIBILL-1.

While waiting for the Certificate of Eligibility, students are advised to complete Riverside City College’s enrollment process such as completing the online admission application and if required, proceed with completing the placement survey and online orientation. All students are encouraged to submit the FAFSA application (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) only at www.fafsa.gov for additional financial assistance.

Before a VA Student Educational Plan (SEP) can be developed, all transcripts and DD214 must be received by RCC in order to have prior credit evaluated. Transcripts must be official, sealed and printed less than 90 days ago. After transcripts are received, Veterans need to contact via phone or email the RCC Veterans’ Office to request an appointment with a VA counselor. After receiving the VA SEP, Veterans can register for approved classes on or after registration date and during priority registration. Check the VA website www.gibill.va.gov for the listing of VA approved programs at RCC.

A Veterans Intent and Statement of Responsibility (Blue Form) must be completed and submitted to Veterans Services in order to begin the process of certification. Certification may take two to three weeks during peak times for processing. This form must be submitted to the College every term in order to request benefits and to avoid being dropped from courses for non-payment.

Members or former members of the U.S. Armed Forces may be eligible for priority registration. Active Duty Military members are required to provide a valid Military ID and discharged Veterans must bring a copy of their DD214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) to Veterans Services to determine eligibility for priority registration. For additional information:

Contact Veterans Services at (951) 222-8607 or email veterans@rcc.edu. Additional information is available at www.rcc.edu/services/veterans/Pages/Veteran-Services.aspx.

Riverside City College adheres to the Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014 (VACA Act). For more information please see Military and Veteran Students and Family Members in the General Information section of this catalog.