Veterans Banner

Steps to Receive Benefits

To avoid being dropped for non-payment, submit your RCC Veteran's Statement of Responsibility BLUESHEET immediately after registering for courses.
There are admission application deadlines to apply for RCC. 
Step 1 - Admission Application Process
  • First-time college students, transfer students, and returning students apply online.
  • Students may apply for Financial Aid via
  • First-time college students and students starting Math and/or English courses must complete assessment testing.
  • Login to WebAdvisor.
  • First-time college students do Online Orientation and First Semester Ed Plan via WebAdvisor.
    • For further information contact Counseling Department at (951) 222-8440.
  • Activate your RCCD email account.
  • Veterans are eligible for priority registration for four years after being discharged from active duty. To obtain a priority registration date. Veterans must take a copy of their DD214 discharge papers to RCC Veterans Services. Staff there will tell eligible Veterans their priority registration date.

Step 1a - First Time Using Educational Benefits

Note : Within 2-4 weeks, the VA will send you two copies of your Certificate of Eligibility. Bring one copy to RCC Veterans Services.
Step 1b - Previously Used Educational Benefits

  • Chapter 30, 33, 1606 or 1607
    • Transfer your benefits to be used by turning in Form 22-1995 to RCC Veterans Services.
    • Forms can be found at, or at RCC Veterans Services.
  • Chapter 35
    • Transfer your benefits to be used by turning in Form 22-5495 to RCC Veterans Services.
    • Forms can be found at, or at the RCC Veterans Services. 

Step 2 - Request all Official Transcripts be mailed to:

Riverside City College - Incoming Transcripts
4800 Magnolia Ave
Riverside, CA 92506
Note: Before your enrollment can be certified, all prior credit must be evaluated.
Transcripts must be official, sealed, and less than 90 days old.
Transcripts Required:
  • Military transcripts (Army, National Guard, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard)
  • All other College or University transcripts
  • High School transcripts for certain educational plans.

Military Transcript Request Forms:

* Include the RCC address (see above in bold lettering) on the transcript request and send your request to the address or the fax number on the form.

  • Check for received transcripts
    • Check via WebAdvisor (under transcripts received) to see if all transcripts have been received by the college.

Step 3 - Choose a Program of Study

  • For assistance with choosing a program of study you can meet with an RCC Educational Counselor.

Step 4 - VA Student Education Plan (SEP)

  • Call RCC Veterans Services as soon as all transcripts are received at (951) 222-8607
    • Request a transcript evaluation.
    • Be prepared to tell RCC Veterans Services your intended 'Program of Study'.
  • Check your RCC email!
    • Once the VA SEP is complete (1 -2 wks.) you will receive an email at your RCC email account directing you to contact the Counseling Dept. to schedule a counseling appointment to review and receive a copy of your VA SEP.
    • Counseling phone number: (951)222-8440.
  • Please remember all assessment tests must be complete and all official transcripts must be submitted for the VA SEP to be created.
  • When registering for classes refer to your copy of the VA SEP.  Only required classes listed are payable by the VA. 

Step 5 - Enrolling and Certification

  • Students register for classes via WebAdvisor on or after their assigned registration date and time. (View registration dates on WebAdvisor.
  • Once enrolled in classes, fill out a Veteran's Statement of Responsibility (Blue Sheet).
    • This form is also available at RCC Veterans Services and must be completed by the student each semester to request benefits.
    • Turning in this form immediately upon registering for classes will prevent Veterans from being dropped for non-payment.
  • Veterans Services will submit the enrollment certification to the VA for required classes only.
  • At the end of every month, Chapter 30, 1606, and 1607 students must call (877) 823-2378 or go to to verify enrollment and receive payment.
  • Note: Chapter 33, 33-TR, and 35 do not verify enrollment but dependents may call 1-888-GIBILL-1 for certification status. 

To Change Your Program of Study

  • To change your program of study, you must fill out Form 22-1995 (Chapter 30, 33, 1606, and 1607) or Form 22-5495 (Chapter 35).
  • Turn the 22-1995 or 22-5495 in to RCC Veterans Services.
  • Check your RCC email!
    • Once the updated VA SEP is complete (1-2 wks.), a notification will be sent to your RCC email directing you to contact the Counseling Dept. to schedule an appointment to review and receive a copy of your VA SEP.
    • Counseling phone number (951)222-8440 
Call  888-GIBILL1 (442-4551) for questions regarding pay, the Certificate of Eligibility, or VA Benefits.
Veterans Services Office &
Veterans Resource Center
Admin. Building, Room 124
4800 Magnolia Avenue    Riverside, CA  92506

 Hours of Operation
  • Mon, Thurs
             8 am - 5 pm
  • Tues, Wed
             8 am - 6 pm 
  • Friday 
             8am - 5 pm