Steps for Receiving the GI Bill Educational Benefits
Previous Benefit User Checklist
Apply to Riverside City College at
Complete any required Assessment Testing, Online Orientation and First Semester Student Ed Plan (SEP).
Apply for Financial Aid if eligible at
Activate your RCC email account
Choose a VA approved program of study. Listing available at: .
VA approved transfer programs available to view at: .
Complete the 1995/5495 required form and turn it in to Veterans’ Services at RCC.
Chapter 30/33/1606/ REAP 1607
Form 22-1995 - Request for Change of Program or Place of Training
Dependents/Spouse –Chapter 35
Form 22-5495 – Request for Change of Program or Place of Training
Attention: These forms are available to print at or in paper form at the college.
Request all transcripts be sent: Military All previously attended colleges High School
Note: Transcripts must be official, sealed, and printed less than 90 days ago.
Have your transcripts sent to:
Riverside City College Incoming Transcripts, 4800 Magnolia Ave, Riverside, CA 92506
Check if your transcripts have been received. Go to , and log on to Web Advisor. Look under Transcripts Received to see if your transcripts have reached us. Your user name is your initials and student ID#, Lisa Jones (example L J 3 0 3 0 3 2 0). Your initial password is your 6-digit birth date (example 060378).
Call Veterans Services at  once all transcripts have been received and request to start the evaluation process; you must notify them of your intended Program of Study.
Note: The evaluation process will take approximately 2 weeks.
Check your RCC email. Once the VA Student Educational Plan (SEP) is complete, you will receive an email via your RCC email directing you to contact the Counseling dept. at your College to schedule a counseling appointment to review and receive a copy of your VA SEP. The VA will not pay for classes that are not required on the VA SEP.
Register for courses listed on your VA SEP. To find out your registration date log in to Web Advisor at
Turn in a Blue Sheet (Veteran’s Statement of Responsibility) after you are enrolled in classes. This must be done every term to request your benefits.
If you have any questions, call  Riverside City College Veterans’ Services 951-222-8607.