Veterans Banner

Program Overview for Veterans, Reservists and Dependents

Riverside City College Provides Assistance to Veterans Seeking to Use the Following Educational Benefits:
  • Active Duty Educational Assistance Program, Montgomery GI Bill - Chapter 30
  • Post-9/11 GI Bill - Chapter 33
  • Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program, Montgomery GI Bill - Chapter 1606
  • Vocational Rehabilitation - Chapter 31
  • Reserve Educational Assistance Program - Chapter 1607
  • Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program - Chapter 35


We certify veterans who are seeking to use the VA benefits listed above to obtain an Associates degree, complete a Certificate program, or obtain units to transfer to a 4-year University. 
We do not determine eligibility of benefits; that is determined by the Department of Veterans' Affairs.
Note: The VA requires their students have a VA Student Educational Plan he/she understands that lists required coursework for his/her program of study. These plans, developed between an RCC counselor and you will serve as your road map so you can chart your progress in completing your goals. Since this plan is so important for your benefits and being successful in college, it is necessary to first see a counselor to select and discuss your specific program of study. This way, he/she can gauge your interests and aspirations through a personal discussion with you to make sure you are aware of various coursework associated with specific programs and eliminate any misunderstandings about program requirements, too.
Ideally, the VA Student Educational Plan should only be done one time and a student will work on it during their time here at Riverside City College.
Veterans Services Office &
Veterans Resource Center
Location: Dr. Charles Student Services and Administration Building Room 104 (First Floor)

   Hours of Operation
  • Mon, Wed, & Thurs
             8 am - 5 pm
  • Tuesday
             8 am - 6 pm 
  • Friday 
             8 am-5 pm