We appreciate how you have helped facilitate, in such short notice, this transition to online tutoring. This page has been set up to help you through the transition.
1. Set up your Zoom session.
2. Find the student’s email address from the MyWConline schedule.
3. Using your student email address, send the tutee an invite to your zoom session. Copy the link to your zoom session into the email.
4. (Below is a template you can use for the Tutoring Invitation email).
5. Make sure to end the session at 50 minutes, so that you have time to setup and start your next appointment.
Points to Remember
• Appointments are now one-on-one
• Use the camera as much as possible; it will likely put the student at ease.
• Stick to the 50 MINUTES
• Don’t forget to use your STUDENT EMAIL ADDRESS
• You can find your tutee’s email address by clicking on the appointment, then their name, in the MyWConline schedule
• Do not fill out your accountability sheets. (Information regarding signing your timesheets will be forthcoming).
Email Template to send to tutees
SUBJECT: How Access Your Tutoring Session
Hello [Student’s name], this is [your name] .
I am your tutor for your [time] , [subject] appointment.
We will be connecting online via zoom. Click on the link below and follow the instructions on the screen.
Support Tutoring Procedures and Q&A Meeting
• How to join a
meeting and launch Zoom
• How to share
your screen in Zoom
your video and audio for Zoom
Tutorial Service Zoom Tutoring Guide for tutors