What is the Student Success Completion Grant?
The Student Success Completion Grant (SSCG) is a California state funded grant for students attending California Community Colleges full time. This grant, beginning in the 2018-19 academic year, is a consolidation of the Full Time Success Grant (FTSS) and the California College Completion Grant (CCCG) previously offered.
The purpose of this grant is to provide students with additional financial aid to help offset the total cost of community college attendance, and to encourage full time attendance and successful on time completion.
To be eligible for the SSCG, students must:
- Be receiving a Cal Grant B or C award as a full time student and meeting all eligibility requirements associated with receiving the Cal Grant B or C award;
- Meeting the RCCD Satisfactory Academic Progress Standard (SAP). See the SAP section on our website for more information;
- Have unmet financial need on their current financial aid award package
The award amounts vary depending on the students unit load for the fall and/or spring semesters:
- Attending 12-14.99 units $649 per term, up to $1298 annually
- Attending 15+ units $2000 per term, up to $4000 annually
The grant is awarded to students based on available funding levels from the California State budget annually. Students are encouraged to complete their financial aid files at RCC early to be considered for this grant.