SI Faculty Resources
The SI Team
The SI coordinator, student
leader and faculty all work together for student success.
The SI program has been designed to minimize additional
faculty time commitment. On average, this includes:
- Promote SI study sessions- 2 minutes
- Class Announcement. Since SI attendance is voluntary, it's
important to let the SI leader speak for a few minutes at the beginning of your
first or second lecture to promote the study sessions.
- Endorsement. Include SI session information in your
syllabus and verbally endorse the session at the beginning and throughout the
semester by displaying a PowerPoint slide with the session times prior to
class. Provide the SI leaders few minutes at the beginning of class to make
- Meet weekly with the SI leader- 10-30 minutes
- Briefly discuss with you SI leader what took place in the
sessions and share ideas on how to present difficult subject matter.
- Interview and help select your SI student leaders- Optional
In small, informal groups, SI leaders provide the tools
students need to find answers on their own and gain confidence.
- Attend each lecture and take notes
- Design creative lesson plans based on material emphasized
in lectures, homework assignments and exam objectives
- Hold two or three study sessions each week
- Meet with the professor/instructor weekly for feedback
- Encourage students to attend SI session
SI Faculty Resource Forms
NOTE: For best results when using the below forms, please use Internet Explorer.
Meet Your Instructor
Faculty Face-to-Face Recommendation Form
SI Request Form
Online Hybrid SI Request Form
Faculty Online Recommendation Form
SI Faculty Evaluation Form
Info about SI for Prospective SILs
Online SI Leader Job Description
Online Tutor Job Description
"What can faculty do to help students experience the 'six success factors'--focused, directed, nurtured, engaged, connected and valued--during their community college enrollment? Below are 10 suggestions the RP Group gleaned from nearly 900 California community college learners participating in [the RP Group's] Student Support (Re)defined study."
- RP Group
Download the 5 above sheets as a single PDF ⇨⇨⇨ Student Support (Re)defined