your school, you now have access to USA Funds® Life Skills®,
a free online learning program that offers you advice for managing your time
and money wisely while on campus and after graduation. This Student Guide
provides basic information about the tool and outlines the steps necessary to
access and complete the lesson(s) that your school has assigned to you. Note: To meet the EOPS workshop requirement, you must complete at least three (3) of the Life Skills courses.
New users are required to complete a simple, one-time registration process. Once you complete the initial registration process, only your username and password are required for future visits.
Helpful hint: Save this address as a favorite to simplify access for future visits.
2. Click “Request a new account” in the Login box to create your account.
3. Complete all of the information on the Request Account page. Some fields require the school defined information listed below:
Enter your school e-mail address as your username.
Enter the student ID number assigned to you by your institution as your school-assigned student ID.
Enter 00127000 as your School Code. Note: This code must be entered exactly as shown here.
Enter 00127000-02 as your Student Access Code. Note: This code must be entered exactly as shown here.
4. Click “Create Account” in the lower right corner to create your account.
Note: If you forget your password on future visits, click “Forgot your password?” in the Login box to receive an email containing your password to the email address you provided when you created your account.
To access and complete the lessons, follow these steps:
1. Select “My Catalog” from the left navigation menu or select the “My Catalog” tab at the top of the page.
2. Click on the name of a lesson and click “Enroll” on the right side of the screen.
Lessons can be completed in any order. If you are unable to complete a lesson in one visit, you can return to it at any time and continue where you left off. Click the name of the lesson under “My Learning” on your Home page to return to the in-progress lesson.
3. Click on the name of the lesson again under “OLT Lessons” to begin the lesson.
Note: Your computer settings must be set to allow pop-ups to access the lesson. The lessons also contain sound so you may want to use headphones.
4. Click “Next” to advance through the lesson.
5. Complete the Lesson Challenge quiz at the end of the lesson. You must achieve 70 percent or higher to pass the lesson. Once achieved, your score will be recorded on your transcript as well as your school’s weekly report. (See next section for transcript information.)
Scroll to the bottom of the Lesson Challenge results and click “Print” to print your quiz results.
6. Click “Ok” to close your quiz results and click “Close Window” to exit the lesson.
7. Click USA Funds Life Skills Survey under “Course Activities” to complete a brief survey about the lesson.
8. Click the “Home” tab to return to the Home page.
9. Repeat the previous steps until you have completed all of the lessons assigned to you.
You can review the lessons and retake the Lesson Challenges to improve your score at any time by navigating to the lesson through the course catalog.