Workability III is a cooperative program between Riverside Community College District (RCCD) and the State of California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR). Consumers of DOR whose Individual Plan for Employment (IPE) authorizes them to pursue studies are provided with educational and career guidance in order to attain their employment goal.
As a Workability III participant, you will receive a wide range of services provided by DRC and DOR. Contact your DOR counselor who will help provide the link to WAIII services at RCC. Or, inquire about Workability III services by contacting the counselor or career development specialist located at the Riverside campus.
To Receive Services
- Visit DRC's Getting Started page, call, or visit to complete the required steps to become an RCC student and recieve services from the Disability Resource Center.
- If you are a client of the Department of Rehabilitation, talk to your DOR counselor about a referral for Workability III services.
- If you are not a client of DOR, inquire about the benefits of participating in Workability III with our counselor and career development specialist and fill out an Application to DOR to become a client.
Academic Accommodations and Support Services
Services provided may include but are not limited to:
- Educational plans related to employment goals
- Specialized "College success strategies" (GUI-48)
- Specialized "Career Exploration & Planning" (GUI-47)
- Job shadowing
- Adaptive computer skills training
- Career counseling
- Pre-employment planning
- Employment Preparation
- Job search
- Resume writing
- Cover letters
- Interview skills
- Work Experience classes
- Job development and placement
DOR Offices Contact Info:
Riverside Office: (951) 782-6650
San Bernardino Office: (909) 383-4401
Temecula Office: (951) 693-4451