All students with a disability that are accepted into the DRC program are eligible to use the High Tech Center.
The High Tech Center is a computer training center designed to train individuals with disabilities to use adaptive technologies. These technologies enable students to gain access to standard college coursework. With diligent application of the skills gained in the High Tech Center, students are better prepared for success in their college course endeavors and future employment. Please follow the links listed below to find information on the different hardware and software that is made available to students in the High Tech Center.
Adaptive Technology available at the High Tech Center:
- High speed computers with 19" flat-panel monitors for students with low vision.
- Flatbed scanners at each station
- Headphones available for private listening
- Andrea Antinoise USB NC-7100 microphones for use with Dragon NaturallySpeaking
- Logitech Ergonomic keyboards w/ touchpads and other alternative keyboards
- Kensington Expert Mouse Trackballs and other ergonomic mice
To schedule an appointment with High Tech Center staff:
1. Find an Appointment Date: Click on the link below and follow the prompts. If there are open appointment slots available, you may schedule a meeting.
2. Appointment Reason Selection: Once you find an open appointment slot, choose "HTC Training" for help using the Software listed above, or "General Assistance" for other computer-related questions.
Until further notice, all DRC appointments will done remotely - either online via Zoom or via telephone. You will get an e-mail or text reminder and instructions prior to your appointment. You will not need to come to RCC.
Link - Schedule Appointment with HTC Staff