Associate Degree for Transfer 
California Community Colleges are now offering associate degrees for transfer to the CSU. These may include Associate in Arts (AA-T) or Associate in Science (AS-T) degrees. These degrees are designed to provide a clear pathway to a CSU major and baccalaureate degree.

California Community College students who are awarded an AA-T or AS-T degree are guaranteed admission with junior standing somewhere in the CSU system and given priority admission consideration (usually through a slight GPA bump) to their local CSU campus or to a program that is deemed similar to their community college major. This priority does not guarantee admission to a specific major or campus.

Students who have been awarded an AA-T or AS-T are able to complete their remaining requirements for the 120-unit baccalaureate degree within 60 semester or 90 quarter units. Not all CSU campuses accept all of the AA-T/AS-T degrees. To view the most current list of Riverside City College Associate Degrees for Transfer and to find out which CSU campuses accept each degree you should meet with a Riverside City College counselor and also visit the websites listed below.

Transfer Counseling:

It is important to understand that the AA-T/AS-T degree is designed specifically for transfer and is different than other types of associate degrees offered at Riverside City College. If we do not offer an AA-T/AS-T degree for your major you can still transfer to a CSU. Riverside City College students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review their options for transfer and to develop an educational plan that best meets their goals and needs. Proper planning early is essential to make sure you meet all of the transfer requirements.
Once you have met with a counselor and determined that the ADT is in your best interest you must complete the following steps:

  • Complete courses on Student Ed Plan.
  • Submit CSU application, declaring ADT on admission application.
  • Apply for respective ADT degree through WebAdvisor. Ensure correct selection of the appropriate term and program code
  • After ADT degree is posted, request official transcripts to be sent to university. It is your responsibility to meet all deadlines!

AA-T/AS-T Degrees offered at Riverside City College:

​​AA-T/AS-T Websites:​