Ride the RTA Bus for Free
Beginning this fall**, college students can ride RTA buses for free. With
your mobile Go-Pass you'll get unlimited rides anywhere RTA buses go,
anytime they operate.
In order to ride the bus for free, you must meet the following requirements:
Your home college must be Riverside City College.
You must maintain enrollment in one or more units for the duration of the term. You are not eligible to ride the bus if you are only waitlisted for classes or you drop all of your classes. The mobile ticketing app is not guaranteed to work as a bus pass before the term begins or after the term ends.
Students must have a valid mobile phone number on file with the college. Students will receive a text message with instructions on how to download the free Token Transit mobile ticketing app before the term begins or 5-7 business days after updating their phone number or adding classes after the start of the term.
Updating your mobile number in MyPortal:
- Under the Personal Information section select Personal Profile.
- Check the box that you have read the Student Code of Conduct. Click submit.
- Enter your mobile number and select cell phone in the type drop-down menu.
- Check the box to verify the information is correct. Click submit.
- Students will receive a text message with a link to download the Token Transit app to their device. (If you do not receive the text message and would like to use this service, follow the above steps to update your mobile number.)
- Create an account by opening the app and following the prompts.
- Enter phone number on file with RCCD.
- Allow Token Transit to access your location for best service.
- Select Riverside Transit Agency
- Pass will be stored in Students Wallet.
- Open Wallet, Select Passes and Confirm Activation of the RCCD Go-Mobile Pass.
- Open Wallet prior to boarding the RTA Bus. Select the pass you want to use and wait for the ticket to be displayed on the screen.
- Board the bus and place the screen above the ticket validator and wait for it to beep.
- Ride the bus!
For schedule and route information, contact RTA's Customer Information Center at (951) 565-5002, or visit the RTA website.
**AUGUST 1, 2020 – JUNE 30, 2021. Dates subject to change.
RCC College ID Card
The RCC College Card is your official identification around the college. It allows students access to the library and labs at any college in the Riverside Community College District. As long as your Student Services fee has been paid, it provides entry to numerous student activities, including athletic and performing arts events. Students also receive discounts at many of the local eateries, movie theaters and attractions throughout California.
Students can obtain their RCC College Card once they have met the following requirements:
Your home college is Riverside City College.
You are able to provide a valid photo ID, such as a high school ID, driver's license, or passport.
You are registered for classes. You are not eligible to obtain your College ID Card if you are only waitlisted for classes.
Here is how you can get yours:
- You are not required to have a photo ID, especially if you are taking your classes online, but if you want one, we can help you out and you don't even have to come to campus!
- You will need to fill out a quick form: https://bit.ly/RCCsID, sign in with your RCCD student email, and verify your identity with a photo ID.
- You will submit your own photo. If we have an older photo on file, we will use the old photo.
- We will mail your ID to you once it's complete (this takes about two weeks).
- You do not need a new ID each term. If you have an ID from the spring term or even 5 years ago, it is still good!
Keep in mind you do not need your RCC ID to ride the RTA bus. RTA is requiring students use their mobile pass to ride. Here is some info on the RTA mobile pass if you need it.
Each RCC student can be issued up to two College Cards per term at no cost. After these two cards have been issued. the student can wait until the beginning of the next term and receive a new College Card, or they can pay a $5 rush fee and get a new College Card issued on the same day.
The RCC College Card is the property of the Riverside Community College District and must be presented or surrendered upon demand by any authorized college personnel.
Link Your RCC College Card to a Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account
Riverside City College and Wells Fargo have teamed up to offer you added banking convenience with your linked College Card. Use it as your official student ID, for campus privileges and for your day-to-day financial needs on and off campus when it's linked to a Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account. Enjoy free access to cash at Wells Fargo ATMs nationwide and make purchases using your Personal Identification Number (PIN) with your linked College Card.
A Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account offers you:
Monthly service fee waived when linked to your College Card.
Sending money to just about anyone with a U.S. bank account from your smartphone using the Wells Fargo SurePaySM service.
- Payment convenience with Apple PayTM to make purchases using your iPhone® 6 or iPhone® 6 Plus.
- Checking balances, transferring funds, and more with Wells Fargo Mobile® banking.
Simple, secure access to your account with Wells Fargo Online® Banking.
Direct deposit of your financial aid disbursements and/or paychecks.
Click here to view the College Card agreement between Wells Fargo and RCCD.
For information about the major features and common fees of the checking account offered through this program, please click here.
For additional information about the Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account and how to link your RCC College Card, please visit the Wells Fargo website.
Riverside Community College District and Wells Fargo Campus Card Agreement
For the award year period of July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020:
Total number of customers with linked accounts: 1,077
Mean and median linked account costs:
- Annual mean $25.28
- Annual median $ --
Total consideration received by institution: $99,689
Wells Fargo uses information provided to us directly by our customers to identify students with a Wells Fargo Campus Card linked to their accounts.
Mean and median costs reported for this award year period reflect new benefits provided to eligible Campus Card linked accounts beginning in March 2019. These new benefits were available to eligible customers for four out of the twelve months of activity analyzed in the contract data for the most recent award year (7/1/2018-6/30/2019). As a result, the mean and median costs above do not show the effect of a full year of the new benefits.
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. Member FDIC.