Concurrent High School Students


Eligible high school students may attend Riverside City College if they demonstrate college readiness. Interested high school students must meet ALL of the following requirements:

  • Be at least sixteen years of age OR have completed tenth grade
  • Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
  • Attend high school at least a minimum day

Required Paperwork

Students who meet the eligibility requirements must submit the following items each term of desired attendance in order for eligibility to be determined:

Note for Home-Schooled Students: In order to satisfy the principal signature requirement, students who are not affiliated with a school district, accredited private school, or the Riverside County Office of Education must submit a copy of the current Private School Affidavit on file with the California Department of Education.

Incomplete packets will not be accepted. In order to be considered for the High School Concurrent Enrollment program, original documents of all the aforementioned items must be submitted to the Admissions & Records Office in person each term within the following timeframe:

Summer 2019: 10/01/2018 - 05/24/2019 Fall 2019: 10/01/2018 - 08/09/2019
Spring 2020: 09/30/2019 - 02/06/2020

Download and print the High School Concurrent Enrollment School/Parent Approval Form for 2019-2020.

Adding Classes

Shortly after the deadline to submit high school concurrent enrollment packets for the term in question has passed, approved students will receive a yellow High School Concurrent Enrollment (HSCE) add card in the mail. Students who have not received a response two weeks prior to the start of the specified term should contact the Admissions & Records office. An up-to-date schedule of classes is available on MyPortal and a PDF version of our schedule is posted on the Class Schedules page. In order to add classes, students must do the following:

  1. ATTEND THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS: You must attend the first day of class and ask the instructor to sign the enclosed HSCE add card. The instructor must sign the HSCE add card in order for you to participate in the class. If the instructor declines, you cannot add the class.
  2. ADD THE CLASS IN PERSON AT ADMISSIONS & RECORDS: HSCE students cannot add classes on MyPortal. Bring the signed HSCE add card to Admissions and Records office prior to the class’ add deadline. Please bring a photo ID. Parents/guardians cannot add the class on your behalf.
  3. PAY FEES: Payments can be made online through MyPortal or in person at the Student Accounts office.

Policies and Procedures


Students cannot register for more than 8 units during the fall/spring semester and no more than 5 units during the summer term.


Students may enroll in most college level courses, provided they meet the necessary prerequisites. The following classes may not be taken by high school students: All Kinesiology (KIN) courses. Additional course restrictions may be included at the discretion of the college.


Students are allowed to add general courses at Moreno Valley College or Norco College in accordance with each college’s high school concurrent enrollment guidelines. For more information please visit their individual college websites.


When a course has a prerequisite requirement, it means that a student must demonstrate pre-existing knowledge and/or skills to be successful in the course by completing the required previous course(s).


High school students are not required to pay enrollment fees. However, students taking courses are required to pay a Health Fee, Student Services Fee, and Transportation Fee during every term they attend. Other costs, such as materials, books, and parking permits are to be paid by the student. The current schedule of fees is available on the Tuition and Fees page.


High school concurrent enrollment students have limited access to MyPortal. Students will be able to login to MyPortal to pay fees, purchase parking permits, view grades, and order official transcripts. Student CANNOT register for classes on MyPortal.


High school students cannot waitlist any Riverside City College class.


Please note that submitting the School/Parent Approval Form and required documents to Admissions & Records does not register the student into the course. It is the student’s responsibility to submit the High School Concurrent Enrollment add card to the Admissions & Records office prior to the add deadline. It is the student’s responsibility to register for the course(s) in accordance with all college deadlines.


All High School Concurrent Enrollment students are responsible for complying with the rules and regulations of the college as published in the Riverside City College Catalog and schedule of classes.


The grade(s) the student earns in his/her class(es) will become part of the student's official college academic record. It is the student's responsibility to make sure his/her high school receives college transcripts that he/she may need in order to receive high school credit. Students can request transcripts via MyPortal or in person with Admissions & Records. A valid ID will be required.

Additional Questions

Please contact:

Daisy E. Figueroa
Student Services Technician
Concurrent/Dual Enrollment
(951) 222-8000x4294 |