Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act - Checks for Taxpayers:​

Under the new legislation, passed on Friday, March 27, many families could potentially receive financial assistance. The amount of financial assistance will vary based on an individual or family's filing circumstances. For a complete breakdown of what individuals could receive, visit the IRS website for full details.

Do immigrants qualify for the financial assistance?

  • Immigrants with valid Social Security numbers and people who qualify as "resident aliens" will receive the checks.
  • "Resident aliens" are people who have green cards or people who can prove that they have been physically present in the United States long enough to establish "substantial presence," as per U.S. tax law.
  • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and Temporary Protected Status (TPS) holders should be able to qualify for the money because they are issued Social Security numbers.
  • ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) users do not qualify.
  • Mixed-Status Households: If anyone in the family (tax filers and their children) uses an ITIN rather than a Social Security number, or does not have a SSN, the family does not qualify for the relief payment. (The only exception would be if one spouse has a Social Security number and at least one spouse served in the military in the last 2019 tax year.)

For complete details please visit the Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments portal on the IRS's website.

RCC Financial Services Informatio​n:

Information from the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office:

Immigrant Legal Resource Center - Demystifying Immigration Policies:

Dreamers Resources During COVID19 Pandemic:

Food Resources:

Need food assistance? Please contact or by phone at 951-328-3728 for a weekly bag of food items.

RCCD’s Commitment to DREAMers:

Other resources:​

Undocumented Advocate Collective:​​

If you are a student who is undocumented or from a mixed status family and would like to connect with other students, please reach out to the Undocumented Advocate Collective at

Know your rights Posters (English and Spanish):​​



Kyla O’Connor, Dean, Enrollment Services: kyla.o’​ or 951-222-8649

Lilia Acevedo, Counseling Educational Advisor: or 951-222-8​197

Benjamin Vargas, La Casa Educational Advisor: or 951-328-3672​