College Student Success (MR)
This certificate is designed to introduce students to college terms, support services and personal factors that contribute to academic success. Students will learn important differences between high school and college including their rights and responsibilities. Topics include effective decision making and communication skills necessary for academic success. Personal growth theories, health and wellness and strategies in study skills will also be addressed.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Understand the difference between high school and college.
- Understand important college terms policies, student rights and responsibilities.
- Learn about personal, academic and college readiness.
- Understand how to access services.
- Understand how and why growth mindset and grit are essential to student success in college.
- Understand the importance of time management and learn strategies to do so.
- Learn to use various forms of technology at Riverside Community College District.
|Required Courses (48 hours)||Hours|