Web Master - Web Designer (MR)
This certificate may lead to employment competency but does not lead to an Associate degree.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Create valid, properly structured web pages using a variety of HTML features to form a typical 5-10 page site.
- Create external style sheets that effectively control an entire web site’s formatting and layout.
- Design, create, test, upload and manage an accessible and standards compliant interactive and responsive web site that includes the use of text, graphics, and multimedia.
- Apply design and visual communication principles to web site, page, and interface design.
- Create and edit images and animations for use on the web, including photographs, logos, navigation buttons, background images, and web design mockup images.
Total unit requirements for this concentration - 17-18 units:
- Major Core Requirements: 6 units
- Concentration Requirements: 6 units
- Concentration Electives: 5-6 units
|Major Core Required Courses (6 units)||Units|
|CIS-72A||Introduction to Web Page Creation||1.5|
|CIS-72B||Intermediate Web Page Creation using Cascading Style Sheets||1.5|
|CIS-76B||Introduction to DreamWeaver||3|
|Required for this concentration (6 units)||Units|
|CIS-56A||Designing Web Graphics||3|
|CIS-78A||Introduction to Adobe Photoshop||3|
|ADM-71A||Adobe Photoshop for Image Manipulation||3|
|Concentration Electives (5-6 units)||Units|
|CIS/CAT-79||Introduction to Adobe Illustrator||3|
|ADM-77A||Adobe Illustrator for Graphic Art||3|
|ADM-2A||Color Systems and File Management||2|
|ADM-62||Typography and Graphic Design||3|