Business Administration - Real Estate Concentration
This program prepares individuals to develop, buy, sell, appraise, and manage real property. This includes instruction in land use development policy, real estate law, real estate marketing procedures, agency management, brokerage, property inspection and appraisal, real estate investing, leased and rental properties, commercial real estate, and property management.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Use technology to analyze business decisions and to enhance business communications.
- Apply basic business and accounting calculations and analyses. Have an understanding of legal practices relating to business.
- Apply sound management practices.
In addition to outcomes for the Businesses Administration certificate, on successful completion of the Real Estate concentration, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze ethical and procedural problems that arise in residential real estate sales transactions from the prospective of buyers, sellers, brokers, appraisers, lenders, and escrow officers.
- Discuss and evaluate real estate marketing and sales techniques.
- Discuss and calculate real estate taxes and solve basic real estate mathematics problems. Explain and evaluate methods of financing real estate purchases and securing loans with real estate.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze the factors that affect real estate values. Discuss and evaluate real estate markets and trends.
Total unit requirements for this concentration - 30 units:
- Major Core Requirements: 18 units
- Concentration Electives: 12 units
|Major Core Required Courses (18 units)||Units|
|ACC-1A||Principles of Accounting||3|
|BUS-10/10H||Introduction to Business/Honors||3|
|BUS-18A||Business Law I||3|
|CIS-1A||Introduction to Computer Information Systems||3|
|CIS/CAT-3||Computer Applications for Business||3|
|Concentration Electives - Select another 12 units||Units|
|RLE-80||Real Estate Principles||3|
|RLE-81||Real Estate Practices||3|
|RLE-82||Legal Aspects of Real Estate||3|
|RLE-83||Real Estate Finance||3|
|RLE-84||Real Estate Appraisal||3|
|RLE-85||Real Estate Economics||3|
|RLE-86||Escrow Procedures I||3|
|RLE-200||Real Estate Work Experience||1-4|
NOTE: Students must complete all Business Administration Major Core Requirements and must complete Major Concentration Requirements (total of 30 units) in order to receive the certificate in the concentration area of their choice.
Associate of Science Degree
The Associate of Science Degree in Business Administration with a Major Concentration will be awarded upon completion of the degree requirements, including general education and other graduation requirements as described in the college catalog.