1.  We are a not for profit organization.  Can we reserve a space at no cost?

      Per AP 6700 as approved by our Board of Trustees and Education Code 38130-38139 public school facilities may               charge direct costs or fair market value charges for rental of facilities.  You will find the approved schedule of fees
      on page 7 of the board
policy link.  In addition, all events will be charged a $50 non refundable administrative fee. 
2.  Do I have to have insurance? 

     All events unless co-sponsored by an campus department or organization must provide proof of insurance.  This policy      shall be for a minimum of $1,000,000 for injuries, including death, and property damages as the result of 
     any one occurrence.  
Riverside Community College District must be named as an additional insured.  In addition, all          user groups will be required to sign a hold harmless/indemnification agreement.  

3.  I am an employee do I still need to fill out the facility utilization forms?

     If the event being scheduled is outside the scope of any normal college or department business all users must fill out        the facility request forms and are subject to the same conditions as general public users.
4.  I have a large event do I need to order my own tables and chairs?  

     RCC has a limited supply of tables, chairs, podiums and stages that we can provide for your event.   Advance notice is      required to reserve these resources.  Should our college supply not be sufficient then you would be required to
     order from an outside vendor.  Please discuss your event needs in detail with the Facility Utilization Coordinator.    

5.   My event is on the weekend or outside normal business hours do I have to pay for staff? 

       Yes.  Board Policy AP 6700 states that charges may be incurred to the party for the direct cost of employee                        salaries (i.e. police, custodial, or grounds) and utilities directly attributable to the organizations use
       of facilities. 

6.  Is the pool available for open swim?
     No, the pool is only available for organized swim events.  We do not offer open swim to the general public.  

7.  Can I have alcohol at my event? 

      No.  Board Policy and Administrative Procedure 3570 strictly prohibits the use of alcoholic beverages, intoxicants or           tobacco on campus. 

8.  Can I bring in my own food? 

     RCC offers catering services for your event and has the right of first refusal.  Should our Food Services Dept be unable      to provide catering for your event you may file a request for a food permit.  All reqeust should be submitted 
     well in advance to avoid delay.   All food vendors must be authorized food handlers and meet all county ordinances          and California Health and Safety Code requirements.   Vendors on campus without proper authorization will be asked        to vacate the
premises.   The food permit request form can be found on our links page.  For more information our Food      Services Department  please contact (951) 222-8483.  

9.   I can't afford the price for the venue.  Can I have the fees waived? 

      All events are subject to the fee schedule pricing.  RCC may consider reducing or waiving fees for registered non-             profit organization only.   This can be a lengthy process as it requires administrative approvals therefore the                     submission of the request should be no less than 6 weeks prior to the event date.  Proof of non-profit status as                 defined by the IRS will be required.  You may find the Request to Waive or Reduce Fees form on our forms link.  

10.  My event is large. Will I have staff support? 
        Yes!  RCC's staff is here to support your event to make it a memorable success.  Depending on the size of the event it         may require pre-event meetings where you and your team can meet with our staff to discuss the best plan to                     organize your event.  All direct cost related to employees must be billed to the event organizer.  

11.  Is parking free?  

        Administrative Policy 6750​ dictates that parking and California Vehicle Codes will be enforced on the college                     campus 24/7.  RCCD reserves the right to charge a per vehicle parking fee for events.  Please discuss your parking           needs with the Facility Utilization​ Coordinator.  In addition, we offer metered parking.  You may purchase a meter             permit online or at the meter.  For more information on Parking Services call (951) 222-8520.  

12.  Do you have Wi-Fi? 

        Yes!  RCC has a wireless guest network.  Any non-student guest will need to have a sponsor from the department             they are visiting or representing contact the helpdesk with their full contact information to create a guest
        account for them to allow 24 hour access window.  In addition, any direct network connection will require a work             order.  Please discuss your network needs well in advance with the Facility Utilization Coordinator to allow ample             time for processing.  

13.  Will I be issued a key for my event? 

       No.  RCCD Police will open the facility for you.  Police dispatch  may be reached at (951) 222-8171.  Please call 15-          30 minutes ahead your event time to assure they can open the doors for you on time.  

14.  Will I have access to audio visual equipment?

        All of our general classrooms come equip with AV equipment to include computer and screen.  Our Instructional                 Media Center is available to assist you with all of your AV needs.  Please discuss your event needs in detail with the         Facility Utilization Coordinator so that equipment can be reserved in advance.  You may contact IMC at
        (951) 222- 8513 or email them at 

​​​​​​​​​​Utilization Links​​