Riverside City College
Employee Recognition Program
The purpose of the Employee Recognition Program (ERP) is to motivate, recognize, and reward exemplary performance that supports Riverside City College’s mission, vision, values, and goals. Recognition programs are excellent motivators and critical to employee retention which translates to student success. When employees are recognized in a manner which is meaningful to them, they feel appreciated for their efforts, and they feel valued as part of the college community. Formalized programs are not intended to replace any departmental or informal recognition programs that are already in place.
⦁ Dave Dant Employee of the Month Award (Monthly)
⦁ Employee of the Year Award (Annual)
⦁ Tiger-Rific Thank you (Monthly)
Nominations will be accepted for full-time and/or permanent part-time non probationary classified employees who are performing satisfactorily. Nominees must be employed by the college for a minimum of one year. Committee members responsible for selecting the award recipients will recuse themselves from the selection process should they be nominated for an award.
Employees may be nominated by Deans, Directors, Managers, Faculty or colleagues. Self-nominations are not accepted.
Nominations are submitted to the committee Chair via a PDF form located on the CLAS website. A web form will soon be developed for submitting nominations.
All nominees must:
1. Be employed at Riverside City College for at least one year.
2. Have no disciplinary actions within the last twelve (12) months.
3. Must be in good standing.
4. Must not have won an Employee of the Month award in the past twelve (12) months.
5. Classified managers are not eligible for Employee of the Month award.
Each month, Riverside City College recognizes an outstanding classified employee who excels in a wide range of areas as Employee of the Month.
Once submitted, the nominations will be reviewed by the Committee and the name of the employee selected as the employee of the month will be forwarded to the RCC President. In the event of a tie amongst, the names of the nominees will be presented to the RCC President for selection.
Each month, the name of the Employee of the Month will be added onto a perpetual plaque located in the Digital Library Learning Resource Center. As names rotate off the plaque, the name plate will be given to the recipient as an additional keepsake.
The winner will also be announced via Riv-All. Nominations will be accepted throughout the month prior to selection.
See below for specific criteria listed for each award type.
This program will be supported by donations and the President’s Office.
Winners are selected by a broadly representative, interdivisional committee which bases its decisions on specified criteria as well as the following areas of emphasis.
⦁ Works Well Under Pressure
⦁ Performance Versatility
⦁ Good Work Ethic
⦁ Outstanding Customer Service
⦁ Innovation and Creativity
⦁ Superb Communicator
⦁ Outstanding Training Ability
⦁ Positive Attitude
⦁ Excellent Teamwork
⦁ Effective Leadership
⦁ Marvelous Motivator
⦁ Loyalty and Commitment
The Dave Dant Employee of the Month receives:⦁ Eligible for Employee of the Year award
⦁ Use of Staff Employee of the Month Parking space
⦁ $25 Barnes and Noble Gift Card
⦁ Recognition Certificate in frame
⦁ Recognition on college’s website
⦁ Employee of the Month embroidered shirt
⦁ Introduction to the Board of Trustees at the last meeting of the school year
The purpose of the Dave Dant Employee of the Month Program is to recognize employees who have served RCC in an exceptional manner by exemplifying outstanding service through his or her work and exhibiting a positive and supportive attitude.
Criteria:The nominee must be a permanent non-probationary employee.
Nominees must be employed by the college for a minimum of one year.
Attitude and Commitment:
1. Dedicated to fulfilling job responsibilities
2. Demonstrates good customer service skills
3. Consistently dependable and is punctual in reporting to work
4. Active involvement in committees, fundraisers, fairs, trainings, and other miscellaneous activities
5. Serves as a role model to others
6. Goes above and beyond the requirements of the job
1. Displays a helpful, cooperative, and positive attitude toward superiors and co- workers
2. Consistently friendly and available to others
3. Uses effective listening skills
4. Has a team player attitude
5. Voluntarily assists co-workers in order to complete important department projects
1. Knowledgeable of RCC policy and procedure
2. High overall quality of performance
3. Accurately completes work assignments on time
4. Controls high stress situations tactfully and calmly
5. Takes initiative
6. Requires little supervision
7. Willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities
8. Ability to train others and gladly willing to do so
1. Maintains an appropriate and neat personal appearance and dress
2. Professional demeanor
3. Conscientious, honest, hard-working
4. Integrity, on and off the job
Riverside City College
Dave Dant Employee of the Month
Deadline is December 22, 2017
Nominees demonstrate excellent work ethic through productivity and diligence. Employees are timely and loyal demonstrating prompt and courteous responses to the needs and goals of their department. They try to make sure both the important and the urgent move forward to completion. They pay attention to even the smallest details.
The purpose of the Employee of the Year Program is to recognize the exemplary efforts, contributions, and dedication of one RCC employee annually. Only those staff members who are recognized as Dave Dant Employees of the Month are eligible for employee of the year.
The Employee of the Year Receives:
- One-on-one lunch with the college president
- Gift basket of goodies from the Administration offices
- $100 Barnes and Noble Gift Card
- Recognition Certificate in frame
- Recognition on college’s website
- Employee of the Year embroidered polo shirt
- Introduction to the Board of Trustees at the last meeting of the school year
- Use of Staff Employee of the Year Parking space
- Employee of the Year Tiger Paw pin
- Eight Hours of compensation time to be prearranged with his/her supervisor
The Employee must have been selected as a Dave Dant Employee of the Month during the calendar year of the Employee of the Year selection
CLAS will review all Dave Dant Employee of the Month selections and forward the name of the individual chosen as employee of the year to the RCC President. In the event of a tie, the names of the nominees will be forwarded to the RCC President for selection. Committee members responsible for selecting the award recipients will recuse themselves from the selection process should they be nominated for an award.
The winner will also be announced via Riv-All.
The purpose of this program is to recognize classified staff members who do a little something extra helpful.
Tiger-Rific Thank You Recipients Receive:
⦁ A Tiger-Rific wrapped chocolate treat
⦁ Email acknowledgement of nomination
Things you need to know:
⦁ Tiger-Rific Thank you acts are delivered one – two times per month
⦁ Requests are limited to one per month
⦁ Nominators will remain anonymous
Tiger-Rific Thank you form:
RCC Tigerrific Nomination Form