Steps to Receive Benefits
There are admission application deadlines to apply for RCC.
Step 1 - Admission Application Process
- New and returning students apply online
- New to college students and students starting Math and/or English courses must complete assessment testing.
- New students do Online Orientation and First Semester Ed Plan via WebAdvisor.
- For further information contact Counseling at (951) 222-8440.
- Activate your RCC email account.
- You may apply for Financial Aid via www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Veterans are eligible for priority registration for four years after being discharged from active duty. To obtain a priority registration date. Veterans must take a copy of their DD214 discharge papers to RCC Veterans Services. Staff there will tell eligible Veterans their priority registration date.
Step 1a - First Time Using Educational Benefits
- Chapter 30, 33, 1606 or 1607 - Apply with the VA - Form 22-1990
- Chapter 35 - Apply with the VA - Form 22-5490
Note : Within 2-4 weeks, the VA will send you two copies of your Certificate of Eligibility. Bring one copy to RCC Veterans Services.
Step 1b - Previously Used Educational Benefits
- Chapter 30, 33, 1606 or 1607
- Transfer your benefits to be used by turning in Form 22-1995 to RCC Veterans Services.
- Forms can be found at https://www.va.gov/vaforms, or at RCC Veterans Services.
- Chapter 35
- Transfer your benefits to be used by turning in Form 22-5495 to RCC Veterans Services.
- Forms can be found at https://www.va.gov/vaforms, or at the RCC Veterans Services.
Step 2 - Request all Official Transcripts be mailed to:
Riverside City College - Incoming Transcripts
4800 Magnolia Ave
Riverside, CA 92506
Note: Before your enrollment can be certified, all prior credit must be evaluated. Transcripts must be official, sealed, and less than 90 days old.
- Military transcripts (Army, National Guard, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard)
- All other College or University transcripts
- High School transcripts for certain educational plans.
Military Transcript Request Forms:
* Include the RCC address (see above in bold lettering) on the transcript request and send your request to the address or the fax number on the form.
- Check for received transcripts
- Check via WebAdvisor (under transcripts received) to see if all transcripts have been received by the college.
Step 3 - Choose a Program of Study
- For assistance with choosing a program of study you can meet with an RCC Educational Counselor.
Step 4 - VA Student Education Plan (SEP)
- Call RCC Veterans Services as soon as all transcripts are received at (951) 222-8607
- Request a transcript evaluation.
- Be prepared to tell RCC Veterans Services your intended 'Program of Study'.
- Check your RCC email!
- Once the VA SEP is complete (1 -2 wks.) you will receive an email at your RCC email account directing you to contact the Counseling Dept. to schedule a counseling appointment to review and receive a copy of your VA SEP.
- Counseling phone number: (951)222-8440.
- Please remember all assessment tests must be complete and all official transcripts must be submitted for the VA SEP to be created.
- When registering for classes refer to your copy of the VA SEP. Only required classes listed are payable by the VA.
Step 5 - Enrolling and Certification
- Students register for classes via WebAdvisor on or after their assigned registration date and time. (View registration dates on WebAdvisor.
- Once enrolled in classes, fill out a Veteran's Statement of Responsibility (Blue Sheet).
- This form is also available at RCC Veterans Services and must be completed by the student each semester to request benefits.
- Turning in this form immediately upon registering for classes will prevent Veterans from being dropped for non-payment.
- Veterans Services will submit the enrollment certification to the VA for required classes only.
- At the end of every month, Chapter 30, 1606, and 1607 students must call (877) 823-2378 or go to http://gibill.va.gov/resources/verify_attendance/ to verify enrollment and receive payment.
- Note: Chapter 33, 33-TR, and 35 do not verify enrollment but dependents may call 1-888-GIBILL-1 for certification status.
To Change Your Program of Study
- To change your program of study, you must fill out Form 22-1995 (Chapter 30, 33, 1606, and 1607) or Form 22-5495 (Chapter 35).
- Turn the 22-1995 or 22-5495 in to RCC Veterans Services.
- Check your RCC email!
- Once the updated VA SEP is complete (1-2 wks.), a notification will be sent to your RCC email directing you to contact the Counseling Dept. to schedule an appointment to review and receive a copy of your VA SEP.
- Counseling phone number (951)222-8440
Call 888-GIBILL1 (442-4551) for questions regarding pay, the Certificate of Eligibility, or VA Benefits.