Applying for scholarships offered by the RCCD Foundation is easy! There are over 250 scholarships available to students through the RCCD Foundation, and only ONE application is needed to apply.
The application period for general RCCD scholarships for the 2018-2019 academic year is now closed. If you are selected as a recipient of a RCCD Scholarship, you will be contacted by email in mid-May. You may still visit the application website for a list of scholarship opportunities offered by external sources in the Opportunities section under External.
Who Can Apply?
If you are an admitted student at RCC and have a student email address, you can apply for scholarships through the RCCD Foundation!
- Registered Students: RCCD offers scholarships for both continuing and transferring registered students. For help determining if you are a continuing or transferring student, click HERE.
- Applied but not yet Registered: If you have applied for admission to RCC but have not yet enrolled in classes, please see the detailed information in the How to Apply section below.
- Think you won't qualify? Think again! If you don’t apply, you've already decided you won’t get a scholarship. While some scholarships are very general and have many applicants that fit the scholarship criteria, there are others that do not have many at all. You might be the perfect fit for one of these scholarships! For information on why you should apply for RCCD scholarships, even if you don't think you'll qualify, click HERE.
Tips For Preparing for the RCCD Scholarship Application:
- Activate and use your RCC student email address.
- Think of at least one person who would be willing to complete a scholarship recommendation for you. See the How to Apply section below, or click HERE for information about scholarship recommendations.
- Get a copy of your unofficial transcript from WebAdvisor and convert it to an electronic file, in case it is required. Need help accessing your unofficial transcript? Click HERE.
How to apply:
- Go to the Scholarship Application site, and follow the log in instructions.
- Fill out the Scholarship Application. Be sure to answer the essay questions and provide email addresses for your scholarship recommenders. Click SUBMIT.
- Fill out any supplemental questions and upload any additional documents required for specific scholarships.
- Complete the application process before the posted deadline. Log back in or watch for emails for important messages.
For more detailed information on applying for scholarships, click HERE
What happens after I apply?
- There can be multiple eligibility criteria for RCCD Foundation Scholarships, and the selection process can vary. For detailed information on the scholarship selection process, click HERE.
- I've been selected for a scholarship, what happens next? Below are the next steps in the scholarship process.
- Be sure to monitor your RCC Student Email account, and check the RCCD Scholarship Application Site for updates. For detailed information on scholarship notification and recognition, click HERE.
- Once notified that you have been selected for a scholarship, it is important that you log into the RCCD Scholarship Application Site to accept the scholarship. For detailed information about accepting scholarships and disbursement of scholarships, click HERE.
- Just like federal and state financial aid, RCCD scholarships also require that you maintain certain eligibility criteria. For detailed information regarding maintaining your scholarship eligiblity, click HERE.
- Last, but not least, it is important to properly thank your donors for the scholarship opportunity they have provided to you. If you need help writing a scholarship thank you letter, please click HERE.
I was not selected for a scholarship:
Even though you were not selected this time, don’t be discouraged. Your application remains active for this academic year and you may be selected as an alternate later in the year. Please click HERE
for information regarding the process for alternates. Also, be sure to keep your contact information current with RCC even if you have transferred to a University. That way, if you are considered as an alternate we can contact you.