A Pathway Support Services Program & Latino Student Engagement Center
La Casa is an Engagement Center with the goal of supporting Latino student success.
RCC Equity Commitment
RCC is committed to establishing an effective, campus-wide culture of outreach. Targeting equity groups with academic, instructional, self-affirming, and direct support allows students to remain engaged in campus life and successfully complete coursework, leading to degree completion and/or transfer opportunities.
Through intrusive and deliberate support, students who fall into an equity service gap:
- Will be guided into RCC’s Pathway Contract model.
- Will have the opportunity to be engaged in academic and equity activities within a supportive community.
- Be provided opportunities to explore unique academic and professional interests (RCC Equity Plan 2017-2018).
Resources for La CASA students include the following:
- A comprehensive two-year educational plan along with a semester by semester plan, reviewed by La Casa counselor
- Computer and internet access
- Laptop and calculator lending
- One-on-one tutoring
- Guest and motivational speakers
- Academic planning meetings
- Textbook and Chicano literature lending
- Program Support Resources
Students must fall into an equity gap category under RCC’s Equity and Student Success Plan. La Casa’s equity target group is Latino, however, any qualifying student can participate. To be eligible, students must complete the following steps:
- Complete the RCC Orientation, Assessment, and Counseling process
- Submit La Casa application
- Attend a mandatory program orientation
- Sign a La Casa pathway contract (Mutual Responsibility Agreement)
Remember, Si Se Puede! Yes You Can!
Keys to Success
- Take one step, then the next
- Desire and motivation
- Ask questions, listen for answers
- Dream –– BIG
- Be motivated, take action
- Be a change agent of your life
La Casa is now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 academic school year! Space is limited in the program.
*Application deadline TBA*
1. Complete the fillable PDF application(below)
2. Submit the appliction to La Casa staff, either in person or scanned by email to email@example.com
Contact us if you have any questions.
Support Services for Pathway Students Applicationt (SUM18).pdf