Online Orientation - Assessment - Counseling
Riverside City College wants you to achieve your educational goals. The Online Orientation, Assessment, and Counseling (OAC) process starts you on the right path and keeps you going with the information you need to arrive at your educational destination. Matriculation includes the following components:
- Orientation introduces you to terminology, academic programs and student services and gives you planning tools you'll need to succeed at Riverside City College.
- Assessment (Testing) includes English, Reading and Math placement tests. You can't fail these tests - they are designed to assess your knowledge and place you in the class best suited to your skills.
- Counseling provides you with information on which courses to take to meet your goals - whether you're planning to transfer, earn an associate degree or career technical certificate. Your assessment scores are reviewed for courses recommended.
NOTE: First time college students must complete Orientation, Assessment, and Counseling before being able to register for classes.
How to Matriculate and get cleared for registration:
Apply for Admission.
Assessment (Placement Testing).
Includes the Reading, English and Math placement tests:
1 to 2 business days after taking the assessment test you can submit your First Semester Educational Plan request on WebAdvisor.
- Once you submit First Semester Ed Plan it takes 1 to 2 busines days for your hold to be cleared.
- You will be able to view completed first semester educational plan on WebAdvisor under View First Semester Ed Plan link.
- Your RCCD e-mail address must be active. Instructions are in the Student Handbook and online via WebAdvisor.
- Welcome Center in Kane Student Services bldg offers computers for students to apply and complete matriculation steps.
- You will receive a notice in your RCCD e-mail within 1-2 business days to let you know your test is on your student record and you are cleared to do One Semester Ed Plan.
- For log-in assistance, consult the Student Handbook or WebAdvisor’s “Login Help”
- If you have AP or IB credit-you must submit official records to Counseling.
Need More Information?