California's fully accredited independent colleges and universities provide a host of options at undergraduate, graduate and professional levels for students planning to continue their education beyond community colleges.

Some colleges and universities stipulate a certain number of completed units before considering student eligible for transfer. Others do not and will accept students at any time. The requirements are outlined in the respective college catalogs, available upon request from the college's or university's Office of Admissions.

As admission requirements vary campus to campus, it is necessary to meet with a counselor to implement your educational plan. Copies of breadth requirements and major requirements for some of the nearby independent colleges and universities can be found in the counseling departments throughout RCCD.


National University
California Baptist University
    General Education
    Lower Division Major Equivalencies
    Liberal Studies Major
La Sierra University
    General Education
Click on the link below to view the list of private institutions that will accept IGETC and/or CSU to meet general education certification for transfer.
If you have questions about articulation please contact:
Judy Haugh, Riverside Community College District Articulation Officer