For information about the degree and certificate application process please refer to the Degree and Certificate Application Deadlines page on the Riverside Community College District website.
Information for Graduating Students
For up-to-date commencement ceremony information, check this page for updates or call the Graduation Hotline at 951-222-8233.
Please watch the rehearsal video before the ceremony.
- Ceremony check-in will start at 4:00 PM at Landis Performing Arts Center.
- Be early. Parking will be difficult if you are late. The earlier you arrive, the better chance you will have to find a good parking spot.
- Line-up and processional to the field will begin around 5:30 PM.
- Ceremony begins at 6 PM.
- Appropriate regalia is required.
- Please remember to watch the graduation video.
- Children or other guests are not allowed to sit with you during the ceremony.
- Please remember to turn off cell phone and electronic devices during ceremony.
- Graduates who miss the processional will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony.
- Standards of Student Conduct will be in effect.
Caps and Gowns
The Riverside City College Bookstore started selling academic regalia on May 7, 2018. Please do not wait to the last minute to purchase your cap and gown. The bookstore will have a list of students eligible to participate in the ceremony. Students will need to provide photo ID and sign for their regalia. Please pick up your cap and gown by May 25th. The bookstore cannot guarantee adequate stock of all items needed after this date.
- AA and AS degree recipients wear a black cap, black gown, orange hood, and tassel. (Tassel should be on the right.)
- Certificate recipients wear a black gown and black cap. (no tassel)
Graduates that purchase regalia by May 18 will receive a 10% discount.
|Associate Degree Package
(includes cap, gown, hood, and tassel)
(includes cap and gown)
(overall GPA of 3.70 or above)
Prices do not include tax.
***If you have achieved Distinction or Great Distinction and will be wearing honor regalia, it will be indicated on the list of graduates that will be sent to the bookstore.
If you have questions regarding caps and gowns call the RCC Bookstore at (951) 222- 8140.
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
The bookstore will be closed on Monday, May 28, 2018.
Disabled guest seating tickets will be available from May 15-June 6 at the RCC Admissions & Records office (Kane Building, 1st floor), on a first-come, first-served basis. To secure tickets, a graduate must show photo ID and sign for tickets.
GradImages will be photographing all graduates at the upcoming commencement ceremony. Pre-register now by visiting www.gradimages.com/preregistration. Enter your email address and the email addresses of a maximum of six loved ones who would like to share in your accomplishments by viewing and ordering your photos. After graduation, order your photos online at www.gradimages.com or call (800) 261-2576.
Please remember that you will only be receiving diploma covers during the ceremony. Your diploma/certificate will be mailed to you. Degree/certificates scheduled to be awarded in Spring 2018 will be mailed to students beginning in October 2018.
If you do not receive your certificate/diploma in the stated timeframe, please call the Graduation & Evaluation Office at (951) 222-8610.
RCCD is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation to all district programs and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Compliance at (951) 222-8039 no less than three (3) business days before the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.