You may apply if you meet any of the following requirements:
- Have graduated from high school or are 18 years or older.
- Have passed the California High School Proficiency Exam.
- Did not graduate but have attained a Certificate of Completion.
- Have passed the GED examination.
- Did not graduate but are 18 years of age or older.
If you are an international student who has satisfied the international student admission requirements, please refer to the International Center website
for admission procedures. Concurrent High School Students:
If you are a high school student interested in the High School Concurrent Enrollment program, please refer to the Concurrent High School Students information
page for admission procedures. All Other Students:
Please go to the Apply Online
page to begin your online admission application. We do not offer paper applications. Applications are processed within 2-3 business days (weekends and holidays excluded). After you submit your application you will receive two emails:
- Immediately after you submit your application you will receive an email confirmation that your application has been received.
- Two to three business days after you submit your application (weekends and holidays excluded), you will receive a second email with your RCCD student ID number, WebAdvisor User ID, and RCCD email address.
If you need help completing the admission application, assistance is available at the Welcome Center in the Student Financial Services Building and at the Admissions & Records Office in the Cesar Chavez Admissions & Counseling Building.
Step 2: Apply for Financial Aid
Step 3: Activate Your RCCD Email Account
As a student in the Riverside Community College District you are provided with a free student email account via Office 365 for Education by Microsoft. Through your RCCD email account, you will correspond with faculty and receive important notices about new classes, schedule changes, waitlist statuses, financial aid and more.
- If you do not know your RCCD email address, go to the WebAdvisor Main Menu and click "Learn your RCCD Email Address."
- You can access your RCCD email account through WebAdvisor or by going directly to the Microsoft Office365 website at https://www.outlook.com/student.rcc.edu
- If you have never logged into your RCCD student email account, your default password is your first initial of your first name in uppercase and the first initial of your last name in lowercase combined with your six digit date of birth. For example, if your name is John Smith and your birth date is 06/10/1990 then your default password is Js061090.
For more information about your RCCD student email account, please refer to the Student Email Information page.
Step 4: Complete A.O.C. - the Assessment Test, Online Orientation and First Semester Educational Plan (SEP)
Transfer students and most returning students are exempt from this step. If you are a returning student or a transfer student, skip to step 5.
Most first-time college students are required to complete the assessment test, online orientation, and first-semester student educational plan. These three items must be completed in the stated order. You will not be able to register for classes until all steps are complete.
- Assessment Test: RCCD assessment tests are available by appointment. For additional information or to schedule an appointment see the Assessment Center's website
- Online Orientation: One to two business days after taking the assessment test (weekends and holidays excluded) you must complete the Online Orientation on WebAdvisor. Orientation is intended to provide informative, practical advice about the college experience.
- First-Semester Student Educational Plan (SEP): One hour after completing the Online Orientation, you can submit your First-Semester SEP on WebAdvisor. Please allow 2-3 business days (weekends and holidays excluded) for the SEP to be processed. The Counseling Department will send a confirmation email to your RCCD student email address once the SEP is processed.
Step 5: Mail Your Transcripts
- High School transcripts are not required unless specifically requested by a special program.
- Submit your college transcripts only if you need to validate a pre-requisite or if you would like credit for a course completed at another institution.
- All transcripts must be official, sealed transcripts, printed no more than 90 days prior to submission.
- When you have completed a prerequisite at another institution and we have received your official transcript you must complete a Prerequisite Validation form. To obtain and submit the form, please visit the Counseling Department. Once submitted, the form will be processed within five working days.
Step 6: Apply for Student Support Services
Riverside City College offers a wide range of student supports services aimed at helping students achieve their academic and vocational goals in a timely manner. To find out more about a sampling of the services we offer, the benefits of these services, and if you meet the qualifications, please refer to the programs’ website:
Step 7: Register for Classes
Class schedules are available on WebAdvisor. They are also available as a PDF file on the Class Schedules page. The Riverside Community College District no longer distributes printed class schedules.
Students register for classes online through WebAdvisor. Students are assigned a registration appointment based on the Order of Registration. On and after your registration appointment you will be able to register for classes.
- On the WebAdvisor Main Menu click "Login Video" to watch a video tutorial or click "Login Help" to read detailed log in instructions.
- View the Registration Tutorial video on the Student Menu of WebAdvisor.
- Registration appointments are available 1-2 months before the term begins and can only be viewed on WebAdvisor. To view your registration appointment login to the Student Menu of WebAdvisor and click “Check my Registration Dates/Holds.”
- You cannot register before your registration date and time.
It is the student's responsibility to do the following:
- To be aware of important deadline dates (ex: the last day to add, drop with a refund, without a "W" or with a "W"). You can view these dates by accessing your schedule on WebAdvisor and clicking on the class title.
- To drop classes. Dropping your class is your responsibility. If you decide to stop attending, do not assume your instructor will drop you. If you do not attend and are not dropped from the class you will receive an "F" in the class and owe fees.
- To print the results of your WebAdvisor transactions for your personal records.
For more detailed information about the registration process, please refer to the Registration Information
Every term you will pay enrollment fees (based on the number of units for which you have registered), a health fee, a transportation fee (Riverside City College and Moreno Valley College only), a student services fee (optional), and parking (optional). You are not charged for waitlisted classes. A complete schedule of fees can be found on the Tuition and Fees page.
- Your fees are due after you enroll. Students will be dropped for non-payment from unpaid classes. Payment deadlines can be found on the Tuition and Fees page.
- You can pay through WebAdvisor using Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Check and cash payment can be made in person at Student Accounts.
- If you drop a class within the refund deadline, your refund will be returned to you 6-8 weeks after the term begins. It will be returned the same way you paid (cash or check will receive a check; credit card will be credited back to that account).
Step 9: Get Your RCC College ID Card
The RCC College Card is your official identification around the college.
- It allows students access to the library and labs at any college in the Riverside Community College District.
- As long as your Student Services fee has been paid, it provides entry to numerous student activities, including athletic and performing arts events.
- Students receive discounts at many of the local eateries, movie theatres and attractions throughout California.
- The RCC College Card can be linked to a Wells Fargo Everyday Checking® Account.
- If you are enrolled in classes, Riverside City College students can use their College Card as an RTA bus pass and ride anywhere RTA travels for free.
For information on how and where to obtain your College Card and how to utilize the benefits of your College Card, please refer to the College ID Card information page.
Step 10: Buy Your Textbooks
- Visit the Student Bookstore website or take a copy of your schedule to the bookstore to find out which textbooks you need to purchase for your classes.
Step 11: Attend Class on the First Day
- Arrive early to find parking. Students are not ticketed the week prior to start of the term and the first week of the term as long as you park legally in a student parking space. If you park in a staff parking space (yellow) you will be ticketed.
- During the winter intersession you can legally park in student spaces without a permit and without purchasing a daily parking permit from the parking kiosks. For more detailed information on parking please visit the Parking Services website.
- If enrolled in an online class, go to www.opencampus.com and login to your class.
- If your plans change and you cannot attend, be sure to drop your classes via WebAdvisor or in person. Remember, it is your responsibility to drop your classes.