Student Rights and Responsibilities
Rights of matriculated students:
- To request a waiver of a prerequisite for a course because:
- The necessary co requisite and/or prerequisite is not available in a given semester.
- The prerequisite which must be validated has not been validated.
- The student has the knowledge or ability to succeed in the course despite not meeting the prerequisite.
- To file a complaint of unlawful discrimination if the assessment, orientation, counseling, prerequisites (or any other matriculation procedure) is being applied in a discriminatory manner.
- To meet with a counselor to develop a Student Educational Plan (SEP).
Responsibilities of matriculated students:
- To declare a broad educational intent upon admission
- To declare a specific educational goal by the time 15 semester units are completed
- To meet with a counselor to develop a Student Educational Plan (SEP)
- To attend classes, complete assignments and maintain progress toward a goal
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, gender, disability, medical condition, marital status, age or sexual orientation. This holds true for all students who are interested in participating in educational programs, including career and technical education programs, and/or extracurricular school activities.
Limited English speaking skills will not be a barrier to admission or participation in any program. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to race, religion, gender, disability, medical condition, marital status, age or sexual orientation is strictly prohibited. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator, Ms. Chani Beeman, 450 E. Alessandro Blvd., Riverside, CA 92508, (951) 222-8039.