Homestay with a Family (WISE: Worldwide International Student Exchange)
Our homestay is arranged through a nonprofit exchange program called Worldwide International Student Exchange (WISE), which charges a fee to match you with a compatible, pre-screened host family. Your living arrangements would depend on your personal preferences as well as those of the host family. The host family can provide meals, or you may choose a no-meal option. You would have a private bedroom and share a bathroom with members of the family. A refundable damage deposit will be collected in addition to the application processing fee and the monthly rent. WISE has its own rules and regulations regarding homestay; RCC does not monitor or administer this program. Applications must be submitted directly to WISE and processed prior to your arrival. Keep in mind that WISE will require placement fee payment in advance of arrival. Students who apply late or with less than two weeks to arrange accommodations will be accessed a $50 late fee.
- Homestay in upper to middle class home with local family in Riverside neighborhoods.
- Rate: $840 per 30 day month, 2 meals daily. OR $600 per 30 day month, NO meals.
- One minimum month stay required. 15 day advance notice required after first month.
- Fully furnished private room: bed, desk, dresser, space for clothing, internet access with students bringing their own computer/lap top, bed and bath linens.
- Post-arrival homestay orientation materials
- Included utilities: gas, electric, water, internet connection availability, laundry access
- Near bus stop for bus transportation to RCC
- Immersion in American English language and culture and opportunity to use and practice your English skills.
- Shopping and other trips with the family as invited.
- $200 deposit, $295 dollar placement fee, $15 processing fee and $95 term continuation fee apply
- Submit application 8-12 weeks or as early in advance as possible for accommodations ready upon arrival. Applications are accepted at any time. Placement is offered based upon availability of host families and student preferences. Student preferences are not guaranteed.
Go to http://www.wisefoundation.com for more information and to apply, and contact Ms. Susan Antonovits at Susan@wisefoundation.com and request a “Homestay Application” as a new RCC International Student.
There are a number of apartments in the Riverside area. An apartment guide can be requested from the International Center.
Renters insurance protects your personal property against damage or loss, and insures you in case someone is injured while on your property. For a review of various policies, please visit the following link
RCC has collected the most convenient hotel choices for international students seeking temporary housing. These hotels are not meant for long term stay in Riverside, but rather an option while coming to Riverside to scout possible living locations.
Furnishing Your Apartment