ADN (RN) APPLICANT SELECTION PROCESS
Due to changes in legislation, enrollment criteria will be changed to include use of multi-criteria such as overall GPA, pre-requisite course GPA, TEAS test scores, degrees/work experience, life experiences, and second language proficiency. Please view the School of Nursing Information PowerPoint and the ADN Information Sheet to the right for details on eligibility requirements and the selection process. Students applying for the ADN (RN) program that have all of the prerequisite and general education courses completed, and the highest grades at the time of application, have a better chance of being invited into the program.
- A percentage of ADN (RN), 1st semester spaces will be awarded by rank order (highest points)
- The remaining percentage of spaces will be selected by RANDOM SELECTION of qualified applicants
VN APPLICANT SELECTION PROCESS
The VN selection process may change, pending state legislation. More specific information will be announced as soon as it is available. Please view the School of Nursing Information PowerPoint and the VN Information Sheet to the right for details on eligibility requirements and the application process.
- A percentage of available VN spots will be offered to eligible applicants with the most points (up to 150 points possible)
- Points are earned by completing the pre-requisite courses, support courses, and having a current valid and current CNA certificate
- A percentage of available VN spots will be offered to eligible applicants with at least 2.1 in the pre-requisites and a 2.0 overall GPA by RANDOM SELECTION.
- Starting Fall 2014, all students applying to the VN program will need to provide proof of CNA certification at the time of application. Please see the current VN Point System.
ADVANCED PLACEMENT/ 30-UNIT OPTION APPLICANTS
- LVN's applying for Advanced Placement/30-Unit Option to the ADN (RN) program MUST provide a copy of their current LVN license at the time of application, regardless if the SON already has one on file. Failure to do so, will lower priority status. Advanced Placement applicants must complete Nursing 18 in addition to the ADN (RN) prerequisites and general education courses. LVN-ADN (RN) applicants must also pass the Advanced Placement exam with >75% in order to place into Nursing 21 of the ADN (RN) program.
- Advanced Placement applicants are selected by prioritization and random selection. Advanced Placement applicants with ALL requirements completed have the highest chance of being invited to the program. Please view the Advanced Placement Information Sheet for more information.
PETITIONING ADN (RNs)/VNs
RCC SON readmission (petitioning) applicants are required to submit both an application and a “Petition for Readmission.” Petitioning students may obtain the application and petition form on-line during the application filing periods or from the Nursing Enrollment and Evaluations Specialist in the School of Nursing, Room 177, during times outside the application period.
TRANSFERRING NURSING STUDENT APPLICANTS
Student’s transferring from another nursing program must submit/re-submit the following items with their application:
- Official up-to-date transcripts reflecting the courses you have completed, as well as transcripts with work in progress from the nursing program in which you are transferring.
- Course outlines and syllabi for courses you completed or are currently enrolled in the nursing program from which you are transferring.
- Completion of "Recommendation Form." Form can be obtained from the Nursing Enrollment and Evaluations Specialist in the School of Nursing.
- Personal letter describing reasons for wanting to transfer to this program.
Note: Failure to submit required information will lower priority status. Admission will be denied to an applicant who earned a grade of "C-" or less in a nursing program at another college. However, if the grade earned was earned more than 10 years ago, and the applicant has since demonstrated a satisfactory academic record, the applicant may submit a petition, with documentation, to the Enrollment Committee for an exception to this policy. Transfer applicants must also complete Nursing 18 in addition to the RN prerequisites. More information can be obtained by calling (951) 222-8405.