Information Security and Cyber Defense (R) CE740
The Information Systems: Information Security Certificate will give the students the basic skills needed in the field of Computer and information Security. The focus on Cyber Security will provide students with the basic skills needed for an entry-level career in Cyber Security. The courses provide an overview of the entire field.
Topics covered will include Cisco Networking, Windows Operating System security, Linux security, Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention systems, Security policies and procedures, Web security, and building a secure computer network. This program also maps to the California Community Colleges IT Technician pathway and C-ID state approved model curriculum.
Certificate Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Analyze fundamental principles and topics of Information Technology Security and Risk Management at the organizational level.
- Introduce the concepts, principles, and techniques, supplemented by hands-on exercises, for attacking and disabling a network with the context of properly securing a network.
- Describe the architecture, components, and operations of routers and switches basic functionality. Configure and troubleshoot routers and switches, resolve common issues dealing with security points of failure in a medium size LAN.
- Validate essential knowledge of Linux and open source for employment in IT/technical support mobile application support and network operations security.
- Identify environmental issues, understand and comply with disaster recovery, and physical software security policies and procedures.
- Securing Information Management systems including identifying risks, configuring devices, protocols, attack methods, cryptography implementation and practice, and security of ICS networks.
Required Courses (17 Units):
CIS-21A / CSC-21A
|Linux Operating Systems Administration
|CIS-25 / CSC-25
||Information and Communication Technology Essentials
||Cisco Networking Academy 1A
||Cisco Networking Academy 1B
|CIS-27 / CSC-27
||Information and Network Security
Select another 3 units from the following:
||Introduction to Computer Information
|CIS-5 / CSC-5
||Programming Concepts and Methodology
|CIS-21 / CSC-21
||Introduction to Operating Systems
||Cisco Networking Security
|CIS-27A / CSC-27A
||Computer Forensics Fundamentals