​​​​​​​​​​​  Riverside City College 100-Year History​​

Riverside City College (RCC) first opened in 1916, sharing facilities with Riverside Polytechnic High School. In 1924, the College built its first two buildings – the historical Quadrangle, which today remains a fixture on the campus. In 1965, Poly High School relocated, leaving the College a blank slate for future growth and planning. As the state’s seventh oldest community college in California,     RCC initial enrollment totaled 114 students.​

Today, RCC operates as a comprehensive liberal arts and sciences college, and is known for program emphasis in nursing, performing arts and career and applied technologies. It serves nearly 18,000 student, consists of 108 acres and offers one of the top schools for nursing education in California, the soon-to-be-open Coil School of the Arts, Performance Riverside, a Culinary Arts Academy and a strong athletic program.​​




  Past Presidents
​​​
​​Century of Service
​​A.G. Paul
Dr. A.G. Paul
RCC President
1920-1950







Ken Harper
Dr. Kenneth Harper
RCC President
1972-1974








Salvatore Rotella
Dr. Salvatore Rotella
RCC President
1992-2004








Jan Muto
Dr. Jan Muto
RCC President
2009-2010








Wolde-Ab Isaac
Dr. Wolde-Ab Isaac
Acting RCC President
2013-2015

RCC President
2015-Present

Bill Noble
Dr. Bill Noble
RCC President
1950-1963
  







Foster Davidoff
Dr. Foster Davidoff
RCC President
1974-1978








Daniel Castro
Dr. Daniel Castro
RCC President
2005-2006








Tom Harris
Dr. Tom Harris
Acting RCC President
2010-2011


Ralph Bradshaw
Dr. Ralph Bradshaw

RCC President
1963-1972








Charles Kane
Dr. Charles Kane
RCC President 
1978-1992








Linda Lacy
Dr. Linda Lacy
Acting RCC President
2006-2008








Cynthia Azari
Dr. Cynthia Azari
RCC President
2011-2013