In partnership with the Department of Public Social Services (DPSS), our goal is to nourish students through temporary hardship while empowering them towards long-term self-sufficiency. In addition to ASRCC's Student Resource Center, we are now providing emergency hunger relief to students in need.
The RCC Food Grant allows ASRCC to provide students with:
- Up to 30 days of access to a food pantry
- Temporary financial assistance for food only
- Educational resources on purchasing and preparing meals on a budget
- Personalized assistance applying for the CalFresh Program
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible, students will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be an RCC Student
- Have completed a FAFSA with Financial Aid
- Be Enrolled in Courses
- Apply for CalFresh (*available on campus to complete in person)
*CalFresh representatives will be on the RCC campus to receive applications in person (recommended) during specified dates below. They will be stationed on the corner of the Quad across from the Digital Library and Parking Structure. To complete an application with CalFresh, students will need the following:
- Social Security Card (SSN)
- Proof of residency (bill or bank statement accepted)
- Photo Identification
- Proof of program verification in Federal Work study, EOPS, DPS, Guardian Scholars, or proof of employment or income.
CalFresh representatives will be on campus on the following dates (subject to change):
- March 27, 2018 from 9am to 12pm
- April 16, 2018 from 9am to 12pm
- April 17, 2018 from 4pm to 6pm
- April 24, 2018 from 9am to 12pm
- May 2, 2018 from 9am to 12pm
- May 14, 2018 from 9am to 12pm
- May 22, 2018 from 9am to 12pm
- May 20, 2018 from 9am to 12pm
Where do I get an application?
Students can pick up and submit an application with Student Activities. Student Activities is located in 2nd floor of the Bradshaw Building (next to the bookstore) and open Monday through Thursday between 9 am and 2 pm.
Students can pick up free produce every Thursday until supplies run out! Available at the RCC Community Garden starting at 11am. Hurry, while supplies last!
The Community Garden is between the Math and Science and Digital Library building.
11am in the
RCC Community Garden